Most people know that a person’s user experience (UX) on your website is vital for business success. However, most businesses don’t create a specific strategy for improving UX. To take things a step further, even fewer business incorporate an inbound marketing concept known as the “buyer’s journey” into their website.
The buyer’s journey begins with the user’s very first interest in a product or service all the way up to their closing purchase. Recognizing where your online viewers are can really enhance UX and help increase conversions and ROI.
Combining UX efforts with the buyer’s journey can give your business the edge over competitors who may be just haphazardly trying to establish their online presence. Here are some pointers on how to do it.
HubSpot Inbound Marketing 101:
Buyer’s Journey Recap
First of all, what’s the buyer’s journey? In a nutshell, the buyer’s journey is an inbound marketing approach. Inbound marketing focuses on content to draw customers to the company, rather than using interruptive techniques that may invade a consumer’s sense of “space” and personal privacy.
The buyer’s journey consists of three stages, which a lead passes through on their way to becoming a paying customer. These stages are:
- Awareness Stage: The person has just become aware that they have a need.
- Consideration Stage: The person is now researching ways to resolve that need.
- Decision Stage: The person chooses the best company to resolve their need and commits to making a final purchase.
So for instance, at the Awareness Stage, a person might notice that they need a laptop mouse for gaming. Once they recognize this need, they begin searching online for laptop mouses, and which one might be best for gaming (Consideration Stage). After doing some searching, they might come across one or two brands that they like, and will finally be in the Decision Stage, where they choose their final product.
How The Buyer’s Journey Improves Customer Experience
If you know what a person wants to hear at different stages of the purchase journey, then you can create more targeted web content specifically for that stage. For instance, if you want to target people who are earlier in the buyer’s journey you can tailor your content and the calls-to-action to provide more information at the Awareness Stage. This would include information that highlight’s the buyer’s problems or pain points.
If you wanted to target visitors who are closer to the final Decision Stage, you can craft your content to be a bit more assertive so that it highlights your business over competitors. It can even come down to things like color choices – some colors like orange and red may increase the urgency to convert on a website. Understanding these nuances can place you at an advantage over competitors.
Ready to improve your customer experience? Contact Us
Inbound Marketing Benefits of Syncing the Buyer’s Journey with UX
Happy customers are created at the very earliest stages of the buyer’s journey, not just at the final decision stage. Providing your customers with exactly what they need at the appropriate time has so many benefits:
- Increases customer trust in your brand
- Improves customer and client retention
- Increases overall revenue
- Reduces wasted time and resources on wrong targeting efforts
- Transforms loyal customers into brand advocates
This last point is extremely crucial- you want to be fostering a customer base that will bring in business through their referral efforts. Consider these stats on referrals:
- People are 4x more likely to make a purchase when referred by a friend
- Customers that are acquired through a referral have a 37% higher retention rate
- 81% of consumers will engage with brands that have reward programs
- Referral customers bring in 16% more profits than regular customers
- B2B companies with referrals report a 70% higher conversion rate and 69% faster sales close times
- 83% of customers are willing to make a referral after a positive experience – make it happen for them!
When one of your satisfied customers completes a purchase, they can then refer your company to a new buyer, which starts the buyer’s journey anew, creating more repeat business. Again, you can leverage your website to create a user experience that shapes customers into brand advocates from the very beginning of the buyer’s journey.
Improved Customer Retention- Why We Choose HubSpot
There are a few different platforms out there for managing content and building out web pages. At Flashpoint, we choose HubSpot because the buyer’s journey is built right into the platform. The entire platform is engineered to seamlessly shuttle leads through every stage, and lets team members see exactly where a lead is at in the buyer’s journey.
Apart from its built-in capabilities, working with a HubSpot agency also grants you access to:
- A highly responsive support team that can give you personalized insights into your marketing efforts (we love working with them)
- HubSpot’s Inbound Academy, where you can watch videos and read resources about Inbound Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and more.
- Premium content and updates
Work with a San Diego HubSpot Digital Marketing Agency
Are you tired of managing your web content through different platforms blindly, without any formal plan of attack? That’s a recipe for wasted time and resources. At Flashpoint.Marketing, we love seeing businesses grow and expand through online inbound marketing techniques and strategies.
Work directly with a HubSpot digital marketing agency that knows your needs and how to meet them using all the tools at your disposal. Get in touch with us today and let’s get started on a HubSpot inbound marketing campaign to boost your revenue and customer base.