On April 12, our team at Flashpoint.Marketing collaborated with LoudMouth Strategies to host “Happy Hour: Legal Speed Marketing for Client Acquisition.” We had a blast putting on legal marketing presentations and mingling with legal neighbors in the San Diego area. Using a speed-dating format, groups of attendees rotated through different tables, each featuring 10 minute presentations with 5-minute Q&A sessions.
A Wide Breadth of Legal Marketing Topics Were Covered:
The presentations highlighted various digital marketing topics and concepts that can help law firms and practitioners increase visibility and get more clients. Presentation highlights included:
- Developing Personas
- Mapping the Buyer’s Journey
- Monitoring Content Performance
Get Found: SEO
- On Page SEO Factors, like Architecture and HTML
- Off-Page SEO Factors, such as Trust, Links, and Social
- Current and Upcoming Trends
Be Seen: Social Media and Paid Advertising
- 5 Ways To Encourage Content Sharing
- Facebook Ads vs. AdWords
- Marketing Budget for the Acquisition of a Client
Grow Sales: Lead Generation
- Inbound Marketing Methodology
- Lead Generation and Nurture Best Practices
- Email Automation and Workflow
Website Design & Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- The Right Platform for Your Team
- Building Trust through Consistent Branding
- Secure Client Data and Hacking Prevention
Participants had a wide range of questions, ranging from basic to more complex and technical. Some thought-provoking questions we encountered as the evening progressed included:
- How many times a week should I be blogging?
- What are some differences between paid advertising channels like Google Ads and Facebook Ads?
- How can lawyers follow up with their leads in a timely manner?
- How many emails should be sent in a campaign, and how should they be timed?
- How do I get https: on my website?
- How can I secure my client’s data?
- I just launched a new website, how do I know if it is working the way it is supposed to?
We truly believe that online marketing methods have the potential to revolutionize the legal industry and make it easier for legal professionals to identify and connect with potential clients. This goes beyond profit and revenue — people have genuine legal needs that need to be addressed before filing deadlines expire.
Free Download: Legal Advertising Guidelines
These guidelines will help you grasp the differences between lawyer advertising and solicitation, learn what can and can’t be said, leverage social media and blogs and understand how images are supposed to be used in a legal ad.